I recently visited Bellissimo at their salon in Galway Retail Park, Headford Road, Galway for a massage.
Bellissimo Galway is a Hair and Beauty Complex, with a wide range of health and spa treatments.
I had the Swedish massage which is one of the oldest forms of healing. The Swedish Massage helps to relax the entire body and is a deep and invigorating treatment releasing tension, easing “knotted” muscles and eliminating toxins. It leaves you feeling soothed, energised-relaxed yet revived. The Swedish massage involves rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. It is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
In our fast faced lifestyles juggling so many different things it can be difficult to remember to put time aside for yourself, sometimes life just gets in the way!
What could be a better treat to yourself and your body than a relaxing massage spa treatment.
I had my full body Swedish massage done with Trisha, who was lovely. The spa section of Bellissimo where the treatments are was so quiet and peaceful, and I felt completely at ease.
As Trisha was doing the massage she said that my back was quite tense and I had a lot of knots in my shoulders and back which I was never aware of, but my back and neck had felt quite tense.
I had heard of people going for spa treatments or massages where they would try to help remove knots by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes, and I thought that it would be painful or uneasy but I was actually surprised that it did not feel painful at all only at times ticklish!
After the massage I felt more relaxed and at ease than I had in a long time. I also felt revived. Trisha said I would also feel a little bit tired that evening, from the work she had done of trying to ease the knotted muscles out of my body and to drink plenty of water to help further eliminate toxins and to ensure to relax that evening.
I would definitely recommend anyone who is looking for a way to relax or unwind to visit Bellissimo for a massage, and I will definitely be scheduling one again for myself.
The Benefits of a Bellissimo Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Bellissimo massages are useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
• Ease medication dependence.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
• Increase joint flexibility.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improvingcirculation.
• Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
• Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieve migraine pain.
Check out the Price List!
Wigs at Bellissimo Galway
I recently caught up with Bellissimo Galway at the ITWBN’s 2nd Birthday party in the Connacht Hotel at their Wigs at Bellissimo stand. I have only ever had blonde hair, and much as I have been tempted several times to change my hair colour I have never had the courage to take the plunge.
Wigs at Bellissimo has a wide range of customers including alopecia sufferers, those undergoing medical treatment, or ‘the fashion wearer’, those who would like a wig to suit their style, mood or outfit.
I tried a brunette wig as I had always wondered what I would look like with brown hair, I must say I quite liked it! The quality of the hair was so natural also and it is easier than having hair extensions applied, which are semi-permanent or cannot be taken out easily.
Contact Bellissimo on 091 568555!
Check out Bellissimo Galway on Social Media below!
I hope you enjoyed reading!